Magic of Sound by Patti
This month I am going to talk about the magic of sound. Cultures the world over use sound to attune to, invoke, and transform consciousness. Sound is a powerful tool, because it is vibrational in nature, and we are vibrational beings. Modern science shows us that all life is vibrational in nature. This is in line with age old mystical thought of most cultures, which often alludes to the vibrational nature of Creation. We have all experienced it… whether an “AMEN” at the end of a prayer – or an “OM” at the end of a yoga class. I work with sound a lot in my magical workings. From banging a loud gong to powerfully shift energy to the ringing of soft chimes to gently awaken the senses or spirits.
My favorite use of sound magic is with our human voice. From chanting and singing, to the conscious use of specific sounds to evoke a specific outcome. It is called a HEKA. Heka means the Art of Sound, or Alchemy of sound itself. Here is a basic rule… Consonants are FORM – Form that Shapes. Vowels are FORCE – Forces that ignite. You can make up your own Hekas from that! Try just doing vowel sounds ahhh, ehhh, eeee, oooo, uuuuu – and see how invigorating it can be! Chanting vowels sounds is great before an important meeting or test where you need clarity and focus. Here are a few more meanings of sounds: U is dragon vowel (Nature into action). LOVE is the force / power. A is vowel that brings birth / life. L is Dragon in the land. Z is Serpent – Lightening strike between heaven and earth. (Divine wisdom) Try using these sounds in a chant. Note how you feel, what you experience, what sight and senses open up, etc… Pretty cool huh?! Powerful too! Now, go out and make up your own power chants and sounds… I promise, it will open up a whole new magical world for you! Remember, magic is EVERYWHERE! “Til next time. With love, blessings and big, big hugs from Hollywood! xox Patti
Dream School by Patti
This month I am going to talk about “Dream School”. Well, “Dream School” is what I call it! Night time is a wonderful time to connect to spirit and get answers and guidance from the universe. Plus it is a wonderful tool in developing one’s own intuition and psychic ability! One reason for it, is that it gives us the opportunity to get our “logical brain” out of the way for awhile! Many of us humans tend to “over think” things – and sometimes that is not the most advantageous mind set for spiritual growth and enlightenment.
Here are a simple technique anyone can use. First, set a glass of water by your bed at night. Water is an amazing “dream enhancer”. Plus, as an added bonus, a glass of water by the bed actually collects any negative energies that may come in during the night – so you are getting two benefits from one simple glass of water! Please note, you should never drink the water right by your bed, because it has spent the night gathering up and collecting these energies. Ever notice how bedside water just doesn’t taste very good in the morning? That is why! Use it to water plants if you want, but keep your drinking water further away than your bedside table. Okay, back to Dream School… you have your glass of water by the bed. As you lay down, ask your guides or higher power (or whatever you believe in) to come to you in your dreams to help you with any guidance or questions you may have. Or, just let them know you are “enrolling in Dream School” and want to develop and learn in your sleep. Then just go to sleep! At first you may or may not remember your dreams… or they may not make sense – but after just a little while, you will notice a new clear direction or path or understanding is unfolding. It will get clearer and clearer and you can ask for any specifics as it develops!
Part two of Dream School is in the morning… if you have a set time you have to get up, set your alarm for 10 minutes before that. When your alarm rings, again ask for guidance from divine in your life path – or just in your day ahead… then hit the “snooze” button and know you have 10 minutes to travel to the world between awake and sleep for some final “schooling”. This is again a perfect time when you are sleepy and not focused on your left and rational brain. When you wake up at the next alarm, you will feel a slight sense of direction, clarity and focus to start your day!
Part three of Dream School… When you first get up, take a few minutes to think about anything you may have got. Think about how you feel, any thoughts going through your head. Don’t sensor yourself – just let the thoughts flow! Again, with just a little practice, new information and insights will come flooding in every morning!
I recommend setting up a little altar or “power space” next to your bed. It doesn’t have to be religious or spiritual – though it certainly can be. But put a few things there that empower you; a photo, a candle, a flower. Perhaps a crystal, statue or rock you found along a path. Things that help you feel good about YOU! Keep a pad of paper or journal there. Allow yourself at least three minutes every morning to journal your new expanding thoughts and understanding. Perhaps get some crayons or drawing pencils to draw what you see or feel if you don’t feel like writing. Either way, you are literally helping develop your intuition and psychic ability with every word or color stroke. Don’t worry if you don’t know what to write or draw at first… just let it flow. No one ever has to see it. You will be surprised in how in just a short time, more messages and clarity are going to come out of your writings or drawings or even from you Crayola color choices! Plus it is just plain fun and helps develop your creativity as well as your intuition! With only a few extra minutes every day – you can expand your universe by galaxies! Give it a try! I promise, it will open up a whole new magical world for you! Remember, magic is EVERYWHERE! “Til next time. With love, blessings and big, big hugs from Hollywood! ;o) xox Patti
Value by Isabelle
I recently received a little story on a post from a dear friend, in India. The story had to do with a man, who could not hold on to his pens. One day a friend suggested he buy a very expensive pen. Never in a million years, did he expect to pay that kind of money, for a 22K pen. After many months the person checked with the man, to see the status, of his pen. He cherished that pen, and it was still, in his possession. We must all think of ourselves, as a treasured possession. I am not saying to be self absorbed, or ego driven. What I am saying, is know your value. Think of yourself, as a piece of fine china, or a very expensive pen. When you know your VALUE, you will expect nothing less, than the very best treatment, from everyone. You will be handled, with care, with love, and treated , the way, you deserve. I do that, and I expect only the best treatment. I am not saying I’m a princess, but I ask all the time, to only align myself, with those people, and situations, that are for my highest good.Why would one allow themselves, to be in a relationship, be it a friendship, a marriage, or partnership, with someone , who is not coming from a place of treating you, with VALUE. People who know me , realize I cherish my friends, loved ones, and those people, I share my space, with. I would do anything, for the people I am connected to. Never expect any thing less, from the people around you. If they can’t cherish you, for the wonderful person, you are, then you need to re think, that relationship. Be it family, friendship, or business associate. We all have, VALUE. Please do not forget that. Do not allow anyone, or situation, to treat you any other way. You are all precious, to me, and I VALUE, each, of you.
Eating with Purpose – A Spiritual Perspective by ESPsychic, Kimberly
Eating is a ritual that many people do unconsciously and for many reasons; hunger being the primary motivation to eat in most cases. When the body is in need of some nutrient to perform its basic functions the brain sends a signal to initiate hunger. If the body is not supplied with what it needs a couple of things will happen. The body will search among its own stores for the necessary nutrients which can lead to deficiencies or premature hunger that leads to over consumption. It is not uncommon in our society to eat when there is actually a lack of hunger due to social activities, as well as psychological and emotional eating. Compound the problem with an over-abundance of processed foods that lack nutritional value and we have a society of overweight undernourished hungry citizens.
Do you think consciously about what you are eating and the affect it has on the physical body once it hits the stomach? Body builders consciously eat certain amounts of carbohydrates and proteins to assist the body with energy and amino acids for muscle repair. Dieters consciously consume fewer calories to aid in weight loss. Individuals with food allergies or disorders such as celiac disease will consciously stay away from certain foods to avoid a reaction. Each bite of food that is consumed enters a system similar to a manufacturing facility. It must be disassembled and broken down for its useable parts and then rebuilt into something useable for the body. In order to do this enzymes play a very important role; as does chewing the food completely to begin the digestive process. Everything has a purpose and we were given teeth for a reason. If food has not been chewed completely before entering the stomach the body has already been put under stress as it continues the digestion that started in the mouth. When food hits the small intestine the pancreas releases enzymes to complete the digestive process. Any food that is not completely digested is attacked by the immune system as a foreign invader. So how you eat is just as important as what you eat.
Raw foods contain naturally occurring enzymes that aid in digestion when eaten whereas cooked and processed foods contain no enzymes which means that the body has to use its own enzymes to break down the food. Keep in mind that the body has a certain amount of enzymes and does not produce enzymes so these stores decrease with age. We are provided all that we need from Mother Earth, however, in this society of greed we have tampered with Mother Nature and genetic engineering has reduced the amount of enzymes in our fruits and vegetables. Raw organic foods contain more naturally occurring enzymes than GMO fruits and vegetables. Eating organic is simply a better choice for our physical body.
Consciously being aware of how the chemistry works in the body can avoid those ‘spontaneous combustion’ moments. Anyone who has taken chemistry will tell you that if you mix an acid with an alkaline it will neutralize. This is what happens in our body when we poorly combine foods. Different enzymes are necessary for different foods and if during digestion neutralization occurs the food ferments and spontaneous combustion results in a need for the body to ‘vent’ this noxious gas. Foods that are similar should be eaten together and a variety of foods be eaten throughout the day to give the body all the building blocks it needs for proper functioning. The all-you-can-eat Buffet is not the best option for optimal health and well-being. I strongly urge educating yourself on the vitamin and mineral contents of food; it can be the beginning of a new relationship with the food that you eat.
So how do we eat with purpose from a spiritual perspective? Talk to your food, look at it and ask the question “what purpose will you serve if I consume you, what affect will you have on my physical body”? Ask these questions as you are loading your cart in the grocery store, your shopping experience may change and you just might bring home more nutrition for yourself and your family. When you have the urge on that busy day to ‘hit the drive-thru’; ask these questions and you may just ‘drive straight thru’. Praying before a meal is something many families and people have gotten away from in their busy lives. Pray before you eat, blessing the food and asking that it nourish your body, say thank you and show gratitude for what you have been given. Savor each bite chewing thoroughly and being consciously aware of the process, present in that moment; this is eating with purpose.
Below is a jump start to your future with food; a brief summary of ten foods that I find healthy and nutritious.
The 10 Healthiest Foods in My Opinion (as written for my Holistic Nutrition Studies)
1. Avocado contains oleic acid which is an omega-9 fatty acid. Avocados contain monounsaturated fat and are high in beta-sitosterol and can help lower cholesterol. The December 1999 issue of American Journal of Medicine showed beta-sistosterol reduced cholesterol in 16 human studies. The type of monounsaturated fat in avocados has been linked to a reduced risk of cancer and diabetes. They have next to zero effect on blood sugar and are a good source of fiber containing between 11 and 17 grams per avocado. Depending on the region they are grown in can contain varying nutrients. California avocados contain fewer calories and less fat where Florida Avocados contain higher potassium. Combined with tomatoes the fat content in the avocado greatly increases the amount of lycopene that is absorbed into the system from the tomato. So mix up the Guacamole and enjoy.
2. Sweet Potatoes should be eaten in moderation by people with blood sugar issues such as diabetes and mixed with proteins and other vegetables due to the glycemic load. However, for everyone else sweet potatoes are loaded with fiber and nutrients. Sweet potatoes contain vitamin A, potassium and even some calcium. Baked sweet potatoes even contain cancer fighting properties. They also contain quercetin a natural anti-inflammatory and they are low in calories.
3. Eggs are a perfect source of protein containing all the essential amino acids plus a variety of vitamins and nutrients. Eggs also contain choline. Choline is a necessary nutrient for cell membrane health, cardiovascular and brain function. Choline is necessary for the synthesis on acetylcholine which assists with memory and can be protective against dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Eggs are also good for nail and hair health. Eggs are the perfect food.
Dark Greens – Eat your dark greens and lots of them. Dark leafy greens are a nutritionally dense, low calorie food.
4. Spinach contains 13 different flavonoids that work as antioxidants and cancer fighters by slowing cell division. Spinach also contains many vitamins and minerals and has plenty of calcium for those who do not like to consume dairy. In addition spinach contains vitamin A and C which helps to slow oxidation of cholesterol. The e magnesium content in spinach has been shown to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
5. Watercress has four times the amount of calcium as milk calorie for calorie. Watercress is also rich in Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin A, vitamin K, and contains lutein and zeaxanthin. It also is a source of anticancer phytochemicals that can neutralize the carcinogen and remove it from the body.
6. Kale ranks highest on the ORAC scale for antioxidant power. But its worth does not stop there. Kale contains indoles a cancer-fighting phytochemical that can protect against breast, cervical and colon cancers. Kale also contains sulforaphane which assists the bodies’ natural detoxification. Kale also has seven times the beta-carotene as broccoli and has calcium, iron, Vitamins A, C, and K.
7. Walnuts contain the highest amount of Omega-3 fatty acids and are a wonderful brain food. Walnuts can also improve mood due to how fatty acids allow better communication between cells. Walnuts can also help a weight-loss program by reducing hunger if eaten before meals. Walnuts are a good source of minerals, fiber and protein.
8. Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juice is an easy way to add those extra servings of fruits and vegetables to your daily diet. Juicing allows you to incorporate nearly any fruit and vegetable into delicious cocktails loaded with vitamins and minerals that are more absorbable. Adding some fat, from raw egg or omega-3 oil increases the bioavailability of the nutrients and helps to lower the glycemic load. Using more vegetables and less fruit also keeps the natural sugars low. Carrot is a very good juice base and don’t forget the “apple a day.”
9. Oatmeal is a wonderful source of soluble fiber at 55 percent. Oatmeal contains a polysaccharide called beta-glucan that helps to lower cholesterol and the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Oatmeal is also a good source of fiber and protein. Another interesting fact about oatmeal is that it actually has a low glycemic load and can be eaten by diabetics. However, those that are gluten-sensitive should be careful with oats.
10. Coconut and Coconut Oil are things that most Americans eat rarely because of its bad reputation for containing saturated fat. However, the fat in coconut is actually good for you. Fat is necessary as precursors for the production of prostaglandins. Most saturated fats are long-chain fatty acids, but coconut is actually a medium-chain triglyceride which is easier to metabolize and use for energy. In addition coconut oil has antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Try some coconut oil on your popcorn instead of butter. It is also a wonderful skin moisturizer.
Mix up a nice green salad and add spinach, watercress and some diced raw kale. Top it off with sliced avocado, boiled egg and chopped walnut. Bake a sweet potato for a side dish and drizzle it with coconut oil. A balanced meal loaded with fiber, protein, fat, carbohydrates, enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
Eating can be a very spiritual experience when you are consciously aware, present in the moment.
Subscribe to ESPsychics Blog Feed by Email and let us know what you think by leaving a comment!
Energy Discernment*This piece is inspired by an article I recently read on energetic vampires along with some personal situations that bring this topic front-of-mind.
I consider energy more potent than words or actions for these reasons. As we are putting energy discernment into action, paying attention to our words and actions become a natural part of this energy discernment honing process.
I also learned that the action I took was a boundary breach – an impediment of that person’s spiritual journey. We are all here to work out our own issues in this lifetime. How we become aware, recognize and act around them are individual decisions. I realize that anytime I choose to speak more deeply about someone’s journey, whether from a compassionate place or not—it’s an infraction and disrespectful. Our best approach is to keep our own energy accounted for and move along when we encounter dissonance with and within another. This goes both ways so when you encounter someone breaching your boundaries, pull your energy inward and move along as you see fit.
Ways that we can take action when we recognize negative energy affecting us:
- Breathe deeply to relax our physical body
- Ask ourselves whether what we are feeling is necessary, ours and asked for it to be released
- Imagine an egg shaped cloud (our aura) around us filling with pink light of love
- Do anything physical to raise our vibration—dance, rub our hands together, clap, sing, walk, move…
- Blow energetic kisses to the person how is down/low/negative
- Imagine energetic hugs going to them (if not in their presence)
- Hug or high five the lower energy-ed person
- Leave the room, conversation, exchange, place, etc.
- Change the conversation
- Shift our thinking
You are the best and only judge of your energy and its role in your journey. I hope you’ll choose to incorporate energy discernment into your journey!
Subscribe to ESPsychics Blog Feed by Email and let us know what you think by leaving a comment!
Just Being Me
No lipo no botox
no laser no tucks
I have much better things
I can do with my bucks$$
When I look in the mirror
I am happy with me
The lines on my face
Give me character you see
I love being me
I would not change a thing
But these hot-flashes coming
Gives Hell a new meaning
I am grateful for them
as the weather gets colder
The chilly air bites
more as I get older.
Off with the jacket
send the scarf flying.
The heat comes fast
I am not lying.
Each day is a journey
I look forward to see
What is next to explore
As I embrace being me.
“Living the Life I Designed”
Subscribe to ESPsychics Blog Feed by Email and let us know what you think by leaving a comment!